Mom's Homeroom
Here is a website that is geared towards mothers of children in school. But, not only mothers can look at. I see that a few fathers have made comments on discussions.
It has a lot of information regarding school life for students. It contains video's, a blog, option to talk to other mothers, "how to's," and so much more. What's interesting is that it gives advice on how to help your children with social issues, test taking, subject matter, and more.
The video segments have a feel of "The View," a daytime talk show feel or something like that. This is probably to engage mothers more ( is this to say a majority of mothers watch a lot of daytime TV?) and pay more attention to the details of the site.
So, I find some of the information interesting. I find it more geared towards elementary. There is a lot of material on the site, which most of it can be helpful. Take a look and see what it is like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a neat website! Thank you Jonas. This would be so resourceful as a teacher who has many parents to keep in contact with, but also for me as a future parent. I've browsed through and listened to several advise sessions that have given me insight into good ways to keep in touch with parents, particularly those who are active in their kids' schools and lives.
ReplyDeleteLast little note: I think this site is a good glimpse of what characterizes those famous "soccer moms" out there. :)