I plan on teaching history at a secondary level in Alaska. I wish to teach in the "bush" to begin my teaching carreer. I then wish to return to my home town area to teach. In my home town I had noticed that some of the youth did not recongnize the importance of education. I hope to show the importance of finishing their secondary education and continuing education after the seconday level.
This semester I hope to learn some of the skills and tools to become an effective educator.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You will have a great impact on students both in the bush and in your home town as you inspire them to think about their future and the importance of education. May the rest of your time at NU be a great time of preparation for the future.
ReplyDeleteThis is truly an inspired call you seek out! It will be great to see how much a teacher that is passionate about education (as you seem to be) will influence the lives of his students and produce a drive for education in their lives. It is true that education is very important and I'm glad you've decided to return to Alaska to make that known!
ReplyDelete